[PD-dev] Creating Gem Chain over network

rat at telecoma.net rat at telecoma.net
Fri Aug 8 12:48:34 CEST 2003

hi ben,

as i can read u r asking 2 different questions:

one is the seperation of control and rendering: which is solve that i
have my control interface and whatever control data calculation on a
laptop and then send these data via netsend or osc to the rendermachine
with the display.

the other question regarding the networked renderchain:
are u thinking about connecting different chains (without a gemhead and
maybe also distributed over different machines)
to one gemhead (running on the rendermachine) ?
i can see that transformations are possible, but to distribute
pix manipulations would this be possible regarding the amount of data
that has to be send ?

cheers

erich

http://randomseed.org