[PD-dev] Re: combining flext externals in a library?

Thomas Grill t.grill at gmx.net
Sat Aug 9 01:56:12 CEST 2003

Hi Marc,

> I like to build flext externals individually and also combine them into a
> library. The "lib1" tutorial shows how to build an external with many
> internal objects, but not how to combine individual flext externals into
> a library.

i'm not sure if i get it right, but you have to decide beforehand whether
you want standalone externals (with the FLEXT_NEW statement) or external
objects that are part of a library (FLEXT_LIB). It's not possible with flext
to combine ready-made standalone externals into a library.
With standard pure pd however (without flext), you can link the object files
of the standalone externals (but not the dlls or pd_linuxs or pd_darwins [or
pd_irixs?]) combined with a setup function for the library.

best greetings,
Thomas