[PD-dev] Linux distribution.

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Wed Aug 27 05:15:37 CEST 2003

I've got a VIA C3 board (not sure about the model number) which was my
main machine for a while.  They're wonderful, not too fast, but very low power
and reliable.  Main thing I advise is to stay away from Gnome and KDE which
are real CPU soakers.  I use Fvwm which is wonderful, and twm is also great
but takes a bit more work to learn to use.  As long as your window manager
and related garbage isn't eating 90% of your CPU you can rock and roll all
day on a VIA CPU, and be a low polluter as well.

cheers
Miller