[ot] [PD-dev] Linux distribution.

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Thu Aug 28 07:27:16 CEST 2003

Chris,

Agreed, but you must admit that running just a window-manager is lighter
than running a full desktop-environment, no matter how much you strip
them back. Obviously the more processes running on your system, the more
CPU time that must be shared. Also, I find the startup times of a
freshly installed Gnome or KDE desktop simply intolerable, but that is
a matter of personal preference I suppose.

Chris.