[PD-dev] PD und PA

Thomas Grill t.grill at gmx.net
Sat Sep 13 13:55:12 CEST 2003

Hi all,

as i work a lot with the devel_0_37 branch of the PD cvs i always encounter
problems with the Portaudio stuff when merging in changes from a new PD
version. To my mind PD and Portaudio/PortMIDI should be separate things as
both evolve independently from each other, so i don't like the current
status of a Portaudio version being incorporated into PD. It's ok for a
release package but not really for a development version.
Hence, my suggestion is that the Portaudio files that are modified for PD
( pablio_pd.*, ringbuffer_pd.c ) be moved into the pd/src folder, so that
one can use Portaudio from the PA cvs.
In the moment there's a kind of Portaudio V19 in the devel_0_37 branch which
doesn't compile with pablio_pd.c. The latter relies on the V18 API.

best greetings,
Thomas