[PD-dev] *.pd in externals/build/doc

Larry Troxler lt at westnet.com
Mon Sep 15 07:27:28 CEST 2003

On Sunday 14 September 2003 21:56, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> In the current 'externals' build system, all of the help files are
> checked into externals/build/doc.  It seems to me that this means that
> we have two copies of each file to maintain: the original and the one
> in externals/build/doc.  I am writing a section in the makefile for
> darwin to copy these files from the source.  I would like to put this
> in all of the makefiles (darwin, irix, linux, and win) unless anyone
> has any objections.  Then I'll delete externals/build/doc from the CVS
> since it will then be generated by the makefile.
>
> .hc

Wouldn't it make even more sense for "make install" to copy these files to
somewhere where PD can by default see them?

I didn't even know that there was a ~/externals/build/doc directory until you
mentioned in just now.

I guess somewhere in some readme there's a suggestion to add this to PD's help
search list, huh?

Larry