xsample (was: Re: [PD-dev] Re: flext and pd-0.37-0)

Thomas Grill t.grill at gmx.net
Fri Sep 19 19:19:02 CEST 2003

Hi Tim,

> i've got an undefined symbol when i try to load xsample linked with the
> shared flext library:
> _ZNSt24__default_alloc_templateILb1ELi0EE10deallocateEPvj

i'll look into it (next week i guess)

> and when loading tbext: error: flext - Could not launch helper thread!

The flext helper thread is not special for a specific external. Does this
only happen in certain configurations a various externals, or also if only
tbext is loaded?

> if i link the externals static, pd loads them (runs the setup), but
> creating the xsample or fftease object it segfaults, tbext objects
> segfault when i try to send messages (vasp / readanysf~ seem to work)...

That's strange because i've been testing xsample quite a lot.
I have no clue what could be wrong there.

greetings,
Thomas