[OT] Tabs / Re: [PD-dev] Looks like there's a song position pointer bug

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Sat Sep 27 22:37:07 CEST 2003

Just to throw in my own 2 cents...  The Pd sources are: tabs 8 spaces
(their historical value), indentation 4 spaces.  This unfortunately means
that Pd does mix spaces and tabs for indentation.  However, there's no
rule that says that Pd source files have to use tabs at all; the indentation
may be implemented using all spaces.  However, I haven't set my own text
editor to avoid tabs.  Most text editors will at least allow you to set
tab to 8 spaces, although some of them then assume that of course you want to
indent 8 spaces too, which is inappropriate for Pd code, since I also adhere
to a limit of 80 columns.

cheers
Miller