[PD-dev] cc vs. $(CC) in Pd Makefiles

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Sep 28 21:32:46 CEST 2003

Hallo,
Miller Puckette hat gesagt: // Miller Puckette wrote:

> Good idea.  I'll correct this for 0.37.1 which should come out in a day
> or so.  I wonder if there are other "standard" macros like that that I
> should be using?

I think, these are the "Implicit Variables" of makefiles, "info make"
has a complete list (for GNU make). Most are like usual:

`AR'
     Archive-maintaining program; default `ar'.

`CC'
     Program for compiling C programs; default `cc'.

`CXX'
     Program for compiling C++ programs; default `g++'.

`CPP'
     Program for running the C preprocessor, with results to standard
     output; default `$(CC) -E'

[...]

Also CFLAGS and so on are mentioned there.

ciao