[PD-dev] cvs-commit list

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Oct 2 17:30:27 CEST 2003

Only actual commits would trigger an email, not just running 'cvs
commit'.  So for example, I just ran cvs2cl on externals/grill to get a
ChangeLog, and this is the volume of messages that would be on the list:

         * py/: config-pd-msvc.txt, makefile.pd-msvc, py.vcproj:  ""

         * flext/changes.txt:  ""

         * fftease/config-pd-linux.txt, fftease/makefile.pd-linux,
         dyn/build-pd-linux.sh, dyn/config-pd-linux.txt,
         dyn/makefile.pd-linux:  ""

         * xsample/config-pd-darwin.txt, xsample/makefile.pd-darwin,
         xsample/xsample.cw, xsample/maxmsp/xrecord~.help,
         py/config-pd-linux.txt, py/makefile.pd-linux:  ""

         * flext/: config-pd-darwin.txt, flext.cw, makefile.pd-darwin,
         makefile.pd-linux:  ""

         * pool/makefile.pd-linux:  ""

         * flext/config-pd-linux.txt:  ""

         * vasp/config-pd-linux.txt, vasp/makefile.pd-linux,
         xsample/config-pd-linux.txt, xsample/makefile.pd-linux,
         pool/config-pd-linux.txt, pool/makefile.pd-linux:  ""

         * flext/: changes.txt, config-pd-linux.txt, makefile.pd-linux,
         source/flclass.h, source/fllib.cpp, source/flsupport.cpp,
         source/flsupport.h:  ""

         * dyn/dyn.vcproj, vst/readme.txt:  ""

That is not high at all.  About 15 messages in 2 weeks.  If you had
digest mode on, it would be only 3 or 4 messages in 2 weeks.  Since its
an separate email list, subscribing is optional, and it would be easy
to filter it to get only the info you want.

It won't add to the load on IEM's server much since it doesn't need to
be archived, all of the info is in CVS.

.hc