[PD-dev] CVS pd linux build updated and inventory of changes

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Mon Oct 6 18:57:51 CEST 2003

Hi,

I have updated the linux build on CVS, basically disabling portaudio
builds as it is done in the official 0.37 version.

We might have to add portaudio at some point, could be that it solves
some problems that we have with alsa.

Other than that I read through the differences, and here is what
makes the CVS version different from upstream:

- some t_int int issues, that caused build failures on 64 bit
  architectures
- array drawing dirty flags
- experimental quoting with '"' as in "hello world" ..
  but this is a hack and has probably to go away
  Don't ask who did that :)
- SIMD functions for Windows (added by Thomas)

I think the SIMD functions are a great thing, and eventually it
would be good to have these on all architectures.
In this case it would be nice to have the assembler blocks in macros,
and eventually in a different file (might be a .h as well).

Otherwise the code will get terribly fragmented and hard to read.
What do you think ? is this feasable ?

Greetings,

Guenter