[PD-dev] Re: pd 0.37 and oss with multiple devices

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Tue Oct 7 18:57:41 CEST 2003

> 1. to use the second device, i had to create a link from /dev/adsp1 to
> /dev/dsp2
>
> 2. both /dev/dsp1 and /dev/dsp2 work without any problems
>
> 3. when starting pd with -audiodev 2,3, it works fine the first time i
> switch on dsp. the second time i try to switch on dsp, it segfaults...

4. and using 2 audio devices with -audiodev 2,3 the peak meter for the
output is the same as for the input ... even if there is no outgoing
signal at all...

5. i tried to trace the problem and the segfault seems to come from
s_audio.c, line 138:

sys_setchsr tries:

    if (sys_soundin)
    	free(sys_soundin);

the freeing fails... i suppose it's a similar problem with sys_soundout
a few lines further ... there my abilities to solve this problem stop...
in theory it shouldn't be a problem to free a resource. and it's no
problem with 2 in/out channels. it might be that it's locked by
another process??? i have absolutely no idea...

i made some changes to the s_audio.c, where sys_soundin and sys_soundout
are initialized to one size and are not changed any more ... it's not a
solution for the problem, but at least it works for my machine...

take care...

 Tim                          mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de
                              ICQ: 96771783
                              http://www.nyds-exp-discogs.tk
--
The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live,
the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn,