[PD-dev] 'packages' module and versioning

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Oct 15 15:39:31 CEST 2003

I just committed the first files to the new 'packages' module in
CVS: 'win32_inno".  Its the start of a installer maker for the whole Pd
package a la the MacOS X installer.  Soon I hope to have 'debian_deb' and
'planetccrma_rpm' (or 'redhat_rpm'?) in there from Guenter and
Nando.  I'll be moved 'darwin_pkg' to there as well.

Once these are all in place, we can start making coordinated releases with
version numbers instead of dates.  We need to create a versioning scheme
for releases from CVS, something like 0.37 rel 1.  Miller uses a '-' in
his versions, so it won't work here.  So it would be something like this:

0.37 rel 1
0.37-1 rel 5
0.37-cvs rel 2

Just a thought... there is probably a better way.

.hc

	zen
	   \
	    \