[PD-dev] Strange GOP errors with pd-37.cvs (Debian)

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Nov 13 01:16:08 CET 2003

Hallo,

I'm getting strange behaviour with GOP patches using the puredata
package from Debian (Version: 0.37.cvs-7), which might be a a bit tool
old, but nevertheless: The error happens with all GOP patches, that
were created with older versions of Pd. Creating them works fine, but
as soon as I try to move a GOP patch, I get things like below and the
display is distorted (no borders, not all objects visible,...):

error: : can't open
invalid command name ".lx821b738.c"
invalid command name ".lx821b738.c"
invalid command name ".lx821b738.c"
invalid command name ".lx821b738.c"
invalid command name ".lx821b738.c"
invalid command name ".lx821b738.c"
invalid command name ".lx821b738.c"
invalid command name ".lx821b738.c"
invalid command name ".lx821b738.c"
can't find an indexable and selectable item ".x821b738.t8223c00"
can't find an indexable and selectable item ".x821b738.t8223c00"
can't find an indexable and selectable item ".x821b738.t8223c00"
can't find an indexable and selectable item ".x821b738.t8223c00"
recv: Bad file descriptor (9)

Some affected examples are my sseq or angriff patches or Dave
McCallum's GOP work. Opening and saving the patch again seems to
repair the error, but I don't actually want to open and save all my
GOPs.  Well, I could of course do that, but it seems to be a bug
somewhere inside Pd or the devel version or only in the Debian
package.

Could someone try to verify this behaviour? (My site has some GOPs,
but they are also in the CVS in "/abstractions/footils/".

ciao