[PD-dev] Linux compile error

Martin Peach martinrp at vax2.concordia.ca
Mon Nov 24 23:28:51 CET 2003

What you need to do is remove all occurrences of -Werror from the
makefiles in the directories that give errors. That lets the compiler to
make the files anyway, since they are not really fatal-- they come from
Suse using a later compiler than the pd developers. Another way would be
to install an older gcc and compile with that.
I succeeded in compiling a functional pd under Suse8.2 by editing two of
the makefiles.
The real solution is (IMHO) to replace PD_BADFLOAT with one of the
macros in math.h that do the same thing.
Martin