[PD-dev] tooltips

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Wed Nov 26 11:01:56 CET 2003

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003, Thomas Grill wrote:
> > If you do so, please take a look at how flext provides hooks for xlet
> > descriptions. I never looked at them more closely, but I guess those
> > are simply not implemented in the Pd backend, but they are in Max and
> > it would be cool to have it compatible.
>
> Yes it's true. Flext provides the means to define the tooltip text, but as
> there's no respective api function in PD it doesn't do anything with it.
> Yet.

I implemented them in the osc~, but I am not sure yet about the synthax.
The strange thing is actually, that the first inlet isn't a real inlet,
so the synthax is weird. You register the first inlet's text with
the class, and the second with the inlet itself.

This reflects the internal structure, but it's not intuitive to use,
so I might change that interface.

Guenter