[PD-dev] tooltips

IOhannes zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.kug.ac.at
Wed Nov 26 12:55:53 CET 2003

guenter geiger wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Nov 2003, Krzysztof Czaja wrote:
>
>>btw, max uses properties too (inlet/outlet `inspector') for that
>>purpose.  The text is saved in a patch file as a `comlet' message:
>>
>>#N comlet <text>;
>>#P inlet <arguments>;
>>

> hmm, and the comlet gets automatically associated with the inlet ?
> Is there a similar example within pd ?
> (up to now, I think properties are saved within the objects themselves)

that is why i was suggesting a shift to XML
ok, i know this is lot of work.
but still: the pd-fileformat is very flat, not at all suitable for
describing hierarchies of complex objects (like sub-patches)
other languages would allow this, and XML is just standard (even for
microsoft...)

mfg.ads.r
IOhannes