[PD-dev] tooltips

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Wed Nov 26 15:15:01 CET 2003

guenter geiger wrote:
> hmm, and the comlet gets automatically associated with the inlet ?
> Is there a similar example within pd ?

there are no examples, but it is plain simple.  In short, it is
like if the pd_canvasmaker (aka "classmaker") quasi-object was
taking the message 'comlet'.  The comlet method would somehow
store an assistance binbuf (the text of a tip).  That binbuf
would then be used by the constructor of the inlet or outlet
created next, and cleared.

> (up to now, I think properties are saved within the objects themselves)

there are data-embedding objects, though (array and a few
cyclonics), so the idea of using more than one .pd-file message
to create an object is not that weird after all.

Krzysztof