[PD-dev] tooltips

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Thu Nov 27 10:31:45 CET 2003

hi all,

I am strongly pro-attributes too, in general.  However, I wonder
whether specifying tooltip text with attributes in an object box
is the best possible idea (unless the same attributes could be
specified in the properties dialog as well, as Thomas mentioned).

Actually, I find it redundant and clumsy, to have the same text
both in an inlet (or outlet) object box, and in the tip (when
mousing over the inlet or outlet object's outlet or inlet).
Besides, screen space is precious.

So, for the time being, I would rather use properties.

Btw, Guenter, you did not mean tooltips to be single-word only,
did you?

Krzysztof