[PD-dev] pd-cvs list

IOhannes zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.kug.ac.at
Mon Dec 1 15:43:45 CET 2003

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> That's the default setup for SourceForge.  It uses syncmail
> (http://sourceforge.net/projects/cvs-syncmail) to send the messages, which
> is set up in CVSROOT/loginfo.  If you look at loginfo
> (http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/*checkout*/pure-data/CVSROOT/loginfo?content-type=text%2Fplain&rev=1.3
> ) you'll see there isn't really any options.
>
> .hc

just had a look into the script and there *is* away, to avoid sending
the diff's.

i really think there are 2, but one does not work...
the magic is done in the first argument to syncmail:

what we have now in loginfo is something like:
DEFAULT /cvsroot/sitedocs/CVSROOT/cvstools/syncmail %{sVv} pd-cvs at iem.at

's' in %{} is the cvs-module that is updated
'V' is the old cvs-version of the file
'v' is the new version of the file

a) the simple, not working solution would be

DEFAULT /cvsroot/sitedocs/CVSROOT/cvstools/syncmail %{s} pd-cvs at iem.at

which means, that no versions are given to syncmail, thus preventing it
from generating a diff (because it doesn't no, which files to diff)

b) the dirty hack is

DEFAULT /cvsroot/sitedocs/CVSROOT/cvstools/syncmail %{svv} pd-cvs at iem.at

which makes syncmail compare 2 identical versions of each file,
resulting in no diff.

but as long, as i am the only one bothering about diffs in my mails, we
could probably leave it as it is.

just my cents

mfgs.d.fts
IOhannes