[PD-dev] presets... why not?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Dec 1 17:12:44 CET 2003

Hallo,
Frank Barknecht hat gesagt: // Frank Barknecht wrote:

> > I think that states should be saved relative to the patch directory,
> > which is the case with state.
>
> I disagree.

I changed my mind: saving relative is okay, I think now. But still I
don't like, if a preset mechanism just proposes a filename
automatically, if nothing was specified.

I'd prefer it, if the attempt to save a setting will ask the user for
a filename instead, just as Pd asks at the first "File -> Save". A way
to programmatically set the filename should be included, though.
Either through arguments or [set filename( messages.

ciao