[PD-dev] compiling under Linux Red Hat 9

michael shiloh michael at makingthings.com
Mon Dec 1 18:03:36 CET 2003

what compiler are you using? at work we have many different linux boxes,
between rh7.3 and rh9. we have been getting inconsistent handling of longs.
i haven't looked in to this fully yet but i wonder if you're using gcc 3.x
(i'm on rh9, using gcc 2.95, and i compiled pd with no difficulty).

i wonder also if you changed that %ld to %d if it would work.

if you have a chance, i'd be most curious to know the compiler warning.

michael