[PD-dev] presets... why not?

rama medialist at xicnet.com
Tue Dec 2 04:56:21 CET 2003

eo, i'm interested in this preset thing.

what about interfacing pd to a database (ie: mysql) for this?
might affect performance/response or that shouldn't be a problem?

i was thinking about databases for this in order to have easier
administration for presets, like naming, describing, easy access from
remote PD nodes to download "published" presets,  +

there we could save version of the "state saver interface" and show a
"modified saver" warning upon a recall within saver/saved-data version
mismatch for example.

let me know if useful, in fact, what about the database consideration
mainly in a realtime context?

cheers,
rama

--