[PD-dev] presets, a proposal

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Tue Dec 2 19:52:07 CET 2003

I think unique IDs for the objects makes sense. I've had to do this for my
OSC abstractions (am using the first creation argument currently). I see a
symbol_id for each abstraction (or gui object?) as giving these benifits:

possibility of namespaces for the abstractions, useful for OSC etc..
Adds the possibility (in the future) of making dynamic object connections
much easier.

It would be great that the symbol be accessible iside pd via a new $
variable.

Sounds good...

Ben