[PD-dev] about pd chaos

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Wed Dec 3 18:29:29 CET 2003

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003, rama wrote:
> what about giving more life to pdb? as to have (or approach to) *all* of
> the objects that can be created inside pd, plus their description,
> parent librabry, + ... at least for stuff inside cvs
>
> by agreeing on a way for documenting each external lib, object or
> (however we do it)we could have a script parse and insert into a db
> all relevant data,

I think it would be a realy useful tool, if at least the externals that
are on CVS wouild be searchable. We would have to agree on a simple
textfile format to document externals, e.g. we name it

extname-help.txt

then we would have to put an easily parseable text into that, like

Name: extname

 list processing
 symbolconverter
 beattracker
 ..

 and that ...

If we could agree on use such a format and implement it, it would make
life a lot easier for users that search for a special external ...
(and for developers, who do not have to recode the same functionality)
.. and for people who want to keep a database about  pd externals up to
date.

Guenter

and then use and improve the search engine, thus