[PD-dev] Pd 0.36 devel and IRIX

Olaf Matthes olaf.matthes at gmx.de
Sat Dec 20 22:22:13 CET 2003

Hi there,

attached are the files needed to compile the Pd 0.36 *developer* branch
from CVS for SGI IRIX 6.5. I'm too lazy to learn how to check in my
stuff (since I'm a "stupid windows user"*), so maybe someone could do me
a favour and check these files in.

Changes to the original version are:

makefile.irix:

- compiles on IRIX 6.5 using GCC (n32 or o32 binaries)

t_main.c:

- small change to remove 'unresolved external symbol' error

sgi.c:

- using new audio API (al* instead of AL*)

- made -audiodev and -audioindev & -audiooutdev working, specifying no
audio
  device (or -1) results in the default device selected in 'Audio Panel'
  being used

- added support for multiple audio devices: use -audiodev 1,3 -channels 2,8
  to open stereo AnalogIO and 8 channel ADAT-IO to get a total of 10
channels

- made -r working, it now overwrites the sample rate setting in audio
  panel and defaults to 44100 Hz

- made -realtime (-rt) work: pd runs with a priority of 192,
  pd-watchdog with 250 and the pd-gui with 20 to overcome audio drops

- memory locking when in realtime mode

- added -listdev printout

Many thanks for checking it in! BTW, this is based on a checkout I did
on Dec. 16th, just in case anything changed in t_main.c in the meantime.

best,
Olaf

PS: n32 binaries of the above available from
http://www.nullmedium.de/dev/irix/

* forgot who coined the term, sorry