[PD-dev] Re: [flext] constiency check failed: glist_findrtext

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Sat Dec 27 14:04:34 CET 2003

> Hmm, actually i'm tending towards declaring devel_0_36 as unsupported
> by flext.
> The problem is that prior to 0.37 there hasn't been a clear definition
> of the API version number, which makes it difficult to include/exclude
> specific features or making workarounds in the flext code.
> The other thing is that i can't really test all combinations of pd&max
> versions/platforms/compilers (although i'm trying hard to)...
i really can understand that, anyway, you are doing a great job ;-)

> Tim, i'd recommend that you should switch to devel_0_37... this
> version sports a number of improvements anyhow.
there are 2 reasons, why i'm _not_ using devel_0_37 right now:
- i would have to change the properties of all gui objects when saving
  an old patch in 0.37 (should be fixed in miller's next release)
- i haven't got my quattro working with 4 ins and outs in any 0.37
  version (even early test version) using both the oss and the alsa
  layer ... i'll get my rme next week, so this (hopefully) won't be a
  problem any more ...

this is why i still consider devel_0_36 as more usable on my linux
system than devel_0_37 ...
i hope that with a working portaudio implementation for linux in one of
the next releases of pd, the driver problem will be solved ...

take care...

 Tim                          mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de
                              ICQ: 96771783
                              http://www.nyds-exp-discogs.tk
--
The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live,
the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn,