PPC SIMD for devel_0_37 was: [PD-dev] cvs write access

Thomas Grill t.grill at gmx.net
Sun Dec 28 13:42:12 CET 2003

Hi all,
i implemented SIMD support for PPC processors to the devel_0_37 branch.
This will currently only be used if "-faltivec" is (manually) added to
the CFLAGS in the makefile. Needless to say, this won't work on G3
cpus.
Since my experience with Altivec is limited, i would be grateful if one
of the SIMD experts could have a look. I'm using the mid-level
mnemonics, not direct assembly code. Some functions are still lacking.
The amount of cpu saving (at least on my PB 400) is not as impressive
as with the Intel/SSE implementation. I would attribute this to the
slow memory of my machine.... probably newer machines perform better.

best greetings,
Thomas

Anfang der weitergeleiteten E-Mail: