[PD-dev] Re: [fluid-dev] fluid~ crashes

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat Jan 3 11:00:51 CET 2004

Hallo Josh,
Josh Green hat gesagt: // Josh Green wrote:
> It seems you haven't received a reply to this problem, so I'll see if I
> can help any. I haven't really used Pd that much or even tried the
> FluidSynth binding for it, and I won't likely get around to tracking it
> any time soon, so I don't think I can be of much help, but..
> If you want to try and track it down yourself here are some tips:
>
> Compile FluidSynth with debugging support enabled (./configure
> --enable-debug I believe, --help to get a list of options).
> Fire up Pd with GDB 'gdb pd'.
> Tell GDB to not trap thread related signal SIG32:
> (gdb) handle SIG32 nostop noprint
>
> Run Pd:
> (gdb) r
>
> Do what you would normally do to get it to crash. After it crashes get a
> back trace:
>
> (gdb) bt
>
> That should give you a list of all the function calls leading up to the
> crash. Post that to this list, then I might be able to help more.
> Cheers.

Thank you very much for your instructions. I will build fluid with
debug now, and I also tried to run pd under gdb now (still without the
debugging symbols. After the crash I got this:

-- fluid~ with flext ---
(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...
[Switching to Thread 16384 (LWP 1726)]
0x4045bad0 in fluid_str_hash () from /usr/lib/libfluidsynth.so.1
(gdb) bt
#0  0x4045bad0 in fluid_str_hash () from /usr/lib/libfluidsynth.so.1
#1  0xbfffe620 in ?? ()
(gdb)

Debugg version following later.

ciao