[PD-dev] pd 0.37 bugs with canvases + gcc 3.3 compile??

ben at ekran.org ben at ekran.org
Wed Jan 14 02:09:37 CET 2004

Hello Miller,

I found a bug to do with canvas names in pd 0.37-1 test2 and test3 (I'm
compiling 37-0 now)

The send/receive and name params seem to be all mixed up.

If I create a canvas with the send "1" receive "2" and name "3" close and
open
the patch I get a canvas with send "1" receive "2" and name "2" (the
receive param seems to be copied into the name param.)

Ok so there is this issue so I'm trying to compile a working pd but...

37-0 fails with:

d_ctl.c: In function `line_tilde_perform':
d_ctl.c:110: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break
strict-aliasing rules
d_ctl.c:110: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break
strict-aliasing rules
d_ctl.c: In function `vline_tilde_float':
d_ctl.c:285: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break
strict-aliasing rules
d_ctl.c:285: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break
strict-aliasing rules
make: *** [d_ctl.o] Error 1

36-0 fails with:

g_bang.c: In function `bng_new':
g_bang.c:442: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break
strict-aliasing rules
g_bang.c:443: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break
strict-aliasing rules
make: *** [g_bang.o] Error 1

using gcc3.3

Sounds a little too familar! Any ideas for a fix before I wreak all my
canvases!!!?

Thanks
Ben