[PD-dev] SourceForge "Donations"

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Fri Jan 23 11:54:35 CET 2004

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> So now SourceForge has set up a method of getting donations.  I think
> we should really utilize this feature, but of course we need to sort
> out how first.  I am thinking that it would probably be easiest and
> most effective if the donations were targeted, i.e. a Pd Dev puts up a
> post saying "I will do X if you give me $xxx", so it would be project
> based.  Then it would also sort out who gets the money.  But I think it
> would be great if there was a Pd general fund, then we could use that
> to pay people for past work, or pay people to do work that needs to be
> done, but isn't getting done.

Seems to be critical. The only way I could imagine this to work out
would be that we first have to meet in personal, set up some structure,
 hierarchies, etc. etc.
 ... we are still far away from this stage.

We could open something like a job market, then people in need of
a missing features can put up offers.

Well, all of this needs a lot of more thought ..

Guenter