[PD-dev] Pd Console

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Sun Jan 25 20:53:39 CET 2004

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> The attachment on this file is the output of "cvs diff -u" containing my
> modifications to Pd such that you can do this:
>
>   pd -console 500
>
> where 500 is the number of scrollback lines you want; this creates a Tk
> text widget to which post() and [print] are redirected. This is most
> helpful when you don't have a terminal to launch Pd from, but it's also
> helpful if you like to have one window less.
>
> I submit this for inclusion into the main Pd branch.

Hi,

Really nice !
With inclusion into main pd branch you mean the CVS I guess ?
I'll do that, as soon as sourceforge is up again (I think
I am really going to put the stuff off of sourceforge)
At the end I can not say anything about if it will end up
in Millers version, but for me it looks absolutely non
intrusive, small, and adds an important useability feature.

Guenter