[PD-dev] data structures / drawing stuff

d.lj jdl at xdv.org
Tue Jan 27 17:27:05 CET 2004

hy all

after having started to work with the data structure stuff again, i m
wondering one thing now:

it would be really helpful if the drawing methods (draw*, filled*) would
accept "complex" instructions for translating the specified values, a
simple example:

drawcurve 0 1 (x+10) 0 (x+10) (y/300)

is this possible right now, if yes, it escaped me so far.

it appears to me that the drawing spec is the place where
transformations (scaling, offsetting, etc) belong, because in the
structure i want to store the actual values. otherwise i need to pre-
and post-process data everywhere i retrieve or store it which seems
inflexible and error-prone to me.

what do you think?
x,j

--
×          D          v          ·          o          r          g
GPG-key at http://xdv.org/~jdl/jdl.pub.asc