[PD-dev] Re: PD-cvs list

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Jan 27 18:40:00 CET 2004

guenter geiger wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>
>>(uh, again....i have asked this several times before. anyhow, if there
>>aren't any serious objections between the next 4 days, i will submit my
>>patch for the message generator to pure-data.sf.net)
>

> hu, really ?
> no idea what this is about.
>
> Guenter

sorry.

the problem is (as i see it, and probably several others): the mails
sent to the pd-cvs list contain
a) the names of the patched files
b) the logs
c) the diffs

i am only interested in a rough overview of the changes that happened
(e.g: the log-files)
i don't think anyone is reading the diffs (but probably i am wrong)
if i was interested in the diffs, i would go to my local copy of the cvs
and run "cvs diff".

now a quick and dirty hack would be to change the CVSROOT/loginfo
script, so that the same version of a committed file is passed to
"syncmail", resulting in a diff of 2 identical files (well: the diff of
one single file), which is nothing. currently the diff of the current
vs. the new file is calculated and sent.

i have set this up for the pd-gem CVS (is only sending mails to me right
now), and it is working perfectly: i know when something has changed and
i know what has changed. and most important: i read it ;-)

mfg.a.sdr
IOhannes