[PD-dev] installation paths

d.lj jdl at xdv.org
Mon Feb 2 17:00:02 CET 2004

i think settling on PDDIR is a good start.

autoconf for the nearer future.

re: libraries: there's a misunderstanding since i was thinking of
libraries as in liblame.so etc and not as in OSC.pd_linux

but still, having 500 single files in the externs dir is a bit messy
too when you only have, say, 10 packages installed. for large packages
libraries kind of do make sense but anyway ..

re name-clashes: if there are clashes, one install will just overwrite
an older install of an object of the same name, so you ll still have to
start searching which overwrote what. only after you found it, its
easier to choose which one you want to use.

ynk,j

[Frank Barknecht]->[Re: [PD-dev] installation paths]->[04-02-02 16:33]

--
GPG-key at http://xdv.org/~jdl/jdl.pub.asc