[PD-dev] compiling miXed causing headaches

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Fri Feb 13 14:23:17 CET 2004

hi Ben,

B. Bogart wrote:
> I did a fresh update today and tried to compile toxy+cyclone on linux
> (gcc3.3)
>
> I changed the "Makefile.common" CC=gcc and made no other changes.

do not do that (yet), please, without removing -Werror

btw, about the cyclone's comment resizing:  you can do that in two
ways (expanding should work, as well as shrinking):

One is finding the 'hot' area with the mouse... which may be tricky
(patience needed -- the area is too small, I will have to correct
that some day).

The other is selecting the comment for typing, and pressing F4,
in order to transform the comment into a regular object box of the
form:

There are some shortcuts, and a few other goodies -- not documented,
though, because the comment was designed for automatic loading
(and manual adjustment) of imported max patches.  I thought, people
would normally just press F5 to copy max comment into a regular Pd
comment, not the other way around...

I have never had comments with a visible bounding box, will see,
if I can reproduce.  What binding issues do you have?

Krzysztof