[PD-dev] bug with "list" symbol?

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Tue Feb 17 11:46:24 CET 2004

hi Mathieu,

creating a [list]'s instance is done by passing a 'list' message
to 'objectmaker'.  The 'list' method is stored separately, in the
c_listmethod field of the class structure (similarly for the other
specials: 'bang', 'float', 'symbol', and 'pointer').

Which means, btw, that you are overwriting a [list]'s default
creator, an undocumented side-effect kind of a feature of Pd.
I do not think anybody uses it, although it might by handy in an
abstraction -- for example a [list $1] would accept both floats,
and symbols to be given in the same abstraction argument.

Krzysztof