[PD-dev] Having trouble creating .lib file from a .dll in VC++ 6.0

Mathieu Bouchard matju at sympatico.ca
Wed Feb 18 00:28:37 CET 2004

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004, Matthew Laughlin wrote:

> I would really love to use the flext library but I'm creating an external
> for a portfolio in my course and my lecturer reckons I could go without
> using an SDK like flext :S He's just being difficult!

If I were in your position, I'd do what he says, then instruct your
compiler to produce .asm's, and hand him the assembler code. "Yes,
Professor, assembly language is so much more manly. You made me see the
light. I thought you'd appreciate it". That's all that this dude deserves.

That's unless your code is so small it's not worth it, or that you are
trying to do things flext can't do, or you already have a large investment
in non-flext code and the switchover would be long, ...