[PD-dev] Graphical PD externals

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Wed Feb 18 00:18:44 CET 2004

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hallo,
> guenter geiger hat gesagt: // guenter geiger wrote:
>
> > I think I mentioned this before, and I am sure Krysztof did it too,
> > graphical externals written this way can cause performance problems. It
> > would be a lot better to reuse tcl/tk widgets, ...
>
> ... an approach you took in you own externals, which you humbly
> kept secret. ;)

;) I have not seriously written externals for years now, the ones that
you mention are mere "case studies", for private use, evolved out of my
old gui collection which I had to discontinue because of some, well,
communication problems.

I don't keep them secret, I have just given in.

> I think, they are quite useful, although the ones I have here don't do
> graph on parent...

Well, they are restricted in functionality, and, yes, I didn't take the
time to figure out the GOP thing, no one asked for it either :)

They do the job for me.

Guenter