[PD-dev] How to send data from pd-gui to pd??

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Thu Feb 19 15:20:02 CET 2004

Hi Krzysztof,

At this point I have been able to get closer to what I need with an
external in two days than I have been able to in weeks of toxy
tinkering. This is a short term solution at this point, as a deadline is
drawing near.

I will continue working with Toxy though, and I reallt think it has
great potencial. I do find it a little chalanging to work with toxy,
especially lower-level things like the width of the popup widget, the
size and shape of the bounding box etc..  Are you working on a language
reference for toxy? I found the biggest stumbling having to be always
asking you personally what things mean and how to deal with them.

If you end up making a text widget example, that returns a list of text
items in the examples I'll be very likely to use that in my project, but
I may just be able to make an external with the same functionality in
less time.

I really do appreciate your efforts in the development of toxy, and
taking the time to answer my questions. Your work is highly appreciated.

Thanks
Ben