[PD-dev] How to send data from pd-gui to pd??

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Feb 19 15:43:22 CET 2004

Hallo,
B. Bogart hat gesagt: // B. Bogart wrote:

> I did not think of using a popup menu for file selection. (partically
> because I had in mind to make a version of Yves playlist using a listbox
> and scrollbar, so I did not think of the possibility of using a popup.)

Yeah, probably a listbox is a better widget for this. Actually Yves'
playlist would be fine, but I think, you can only use it for file
system directories, or not? I cannot check currently as the plalist I
have here doesn't run on 0.37 yet.

> so I suppose a switch to turn on returning symbols or returning index
> values would be best. That way when using the menu to select things like
> gem window messages you could use selects and not have to fill an
> [index] object with symbols.

Maybe use two outlets, one for the stored symbol, on for the numerical
index value?

ciao