[PD-dev] Re: bare bones autoconf/automake scripts for PD

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Feb 20 16:40:04 CET 2004

Hallo,
august hat gesagt: // august wrote:

> > > to answer, my own question.....after two days of fighting with autoconf
> > > and automake, I now have a decent configure setup.
> >
> > Would you share this?
>
> surely.  right now, I'm just making adjustments for darwin.
> It will come with the new readanysf~
>
> is ./configure, make even possible under windows?

AFAIK yes, but you need to install several GNU tools.

> > > anyway, is there any chance of adding install hooks into the default pd
> > > install scripts that put m_imp.h and g_canvas.h into the
> > > /usr/local/include directory along with m_pd.h
> > >
> > > these two seem to be needed by a number of different externals.
> >
> > But they are considered to be a private interface. What should we do?
>
> private in what sense?   flext uses both of them.  and I think I remember
> some of Olaf's streaming externals using g_canvas.h.

That doesn't mean they aren't "private". I'm referring to the comment
inside g_canvas.h and m_imp.h which reads:

  NOTE: this file describes Pd implementation details which may change
  in future releases. The public (stable) API is in m_pd.h.

So, to repeat my question: How should this be handled?

ciao