[PD-dev] Re: CVS access (fwd)

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Sat Feb 21 20:19:13 CET 2004

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 19:36:41 +0100 (CET)
From: guenter geiger <geiger at xdv.org>
To: Frank Barknecht <fbar at footils.org>
Cc: Mathieu Bouchard <matju at sympatico.ca>, adamlindsay at users.sourceforge.net,
     eighthave at users.sourceforge.net, fbar at users.sourceforge.net,
     ggeiger at users.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: CVS access

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> > Ok, I'll be explicit this time, sorry. I would like, if possible, a CVS
> > write access to PureData that allows me to create my own branch.
> >
> > Thank you very much.
>
> Okay, should be done now. You already are on pd-dev, I think, which is
> important as generally discussions take place over there, but you
> probably know that. In general, the path "externals" is for externals,
> so if you want to add something there (GridFlow?) it would be best to
> put it there, in a subdirectory. I don't do any development in the
> devel_0XX area of Pd, so I cannot say much about this. There also is
> an "abstractions" dir, for, obviously, abstractions, which could use
> some more content btw. <hint> ;)

To add one thing. Except the devel_0_37 branch everything is a bit
chaotic on CVS. Before starting to branch further we have to discuss
how, where to branch from etc.

Until now, the HEAD was supposed to be Millers version. That probably
would be a good point to branch off. But: the HEAD is currently broken,
I am going to try to fix this ASAP. (You will notice when you are able
to compile the HEAD again :)

In general, any suggestion how to organize this better is appreciated.
E.g. the "standard" way would be to make the HEAD the point we are
developing on.

Guenter