[PD-dev] Re: flext.dsp

Thomas Grill t.grill at gmx.net
Mon Feb 23 17:50:00 CET 2004

> I may be misunderstanding how this distribution is supposed to function,
but I have not been able to find a flext.dsp in the newest pd/windows
distribution.  I did find it by going back through the history, it seems to
have disappeared circa 0.4.1.   Maybe this is intentional... or it is
assumed that one would have older installations previously installed...

> Can you explain?

Hi Christian,
this is intentional.
First of all, i'm no longer using  and maintaining .dsp files since i
changed to VC.NET, which has .vcproj files.
Second, the Visual Studio project files cannot easily be configured, since
the necessary switches are hidden in many property sheets.

Therefore, the preferred method is to use the provided make system.
For Windows (and VC++) edit config-pd-msvc.txt to match your setup, and
then, from the command prompt of the VC system, run build-pd-msvc.bat.
For other platforms and/or compilers similar files are to be used.

best greetings,
Thomas