[PD-dev] DSP beginners code

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Feb 24 17:51:45 CET 2004

Hallo,
Matthew Laughlin hat gesagt: // Matthew Laughlin wrote:

> I am trying to develop a granular synthesis object in C for PD. I have
> finished the online HOWTO for making externals which essentially finished
> at the DSP part. Unfortunately I have nery little clue as to programming
> DSP code, and I was wondering if anyone had any good links to places I
> could start to learn it or book recommendations for starting into this
> area. I have looked at the CSound sources for their granular synth opcodes,
> but I don't understand them.

* www.dspguide.com
* www.musicdsp.org
Books
* C. Roads "Microsound" (or was it "Micromusic"?)
* Dodge/Jerse: "Computer Music"

* Source-code: The SndObj library
http://www.may.ie/academic/music/musictec/SndObj/main.html

Maybe syncgrain~ does what you want:
http://footils.org/cms/?show_article=12

Source code there is probably out of date, please use the one on
pure-data.sf.net

ciao