[PD-dev] NEWBIE Reading from a buffer

Matthew Laughlin bunglenutter at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 28 21:13:56 CET 2004

I hate to keep bothering people on the list but this is the only place I can
get decent help...

I'm working on an important project and I'm stuck. This might sound like a
dumb question, but could someone describe to me the process of reading from
buffer containing a sound file so I may code my object to do this and
manipulate the samples within it?

What I want to be able to do is read little groups of samples (grains) from
the waveform in the buffer, manipulate them (add envelope, rearrange) and
then output them - in other words a granular synth object, much like
syncgrain~ but I want to work up from scratch.

Thank you very much,

Matt