[PD-dev] Passing data from gui to pd

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Sat Mar 6 01:07:51 CET 2004

Hello all,

I've managed to alter popup into a text entry widget, with some small
issues. Like actually getting the damn chars out of the gui!

I'm still quite unclear about the best way to transfer data from the gui
back to pd in an external. I still don't quite unstand how to use
pd_bind, especially in the case where PD initiates the transfer of data,
rather than tcl initiating a proc that passes data back to pd.

Can anyone show me the most simple example of how to use pd_bind (or
something else) to attach the output of an arbitrary tcl command to a
function? (This would also be very useful for getting tcl to report the
size of a widget in order to change the size of the bounding box.)

Thanks in advance.

Ben