[PD-dev] Re: CVS access

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Mon Mar 8 01:15:50 CET 2004

On Fri, 5 Mar 2004, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Feb 2004, guenter geiger wrote:
> > On Sun, 22 Feb 2004, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> > > Ok, I have three questions:
> > > 1. All those changes you just merged in seem to have changed almost
> > > every line in a lot of files. I thought it could be something like messing
> > > with newline codes or switching between tabs and spaces, but it seems that
> > > lines that only have one brace on it don't get modified. What is this?
> > > Is it a change of indentation style? I usually try to avoid those, as they
> > > make it more difficult to apply diffs / merge branches... What is your
> > > opinion on this?
> > My opinion on this is that you are wrong, please see the attched pd-merge
> > file to get an idea about what was changed.
>
> Ok, is it possible that the cvs->mail tool gets some stuff wrong? what
> options does it use with "diff" ?
>
> > Question 3: The easiest solution would be to have the CVS somewhere else.
> > The BEST solution would be to have it at Millers place.
>
> Any updates on this? when would this be done?
>
> I'm also pretty sure that Artengine.CA would be very pleased to host the
> CVS, but I don't want to make it look like a takeover ;-)

Well, this is actually the main problem. I have tried hard to make clear
that the CVS is not trying to split from pd, but it is trying to help
and coordinate the different improvment efforts.

The problem is not the bandwith or server space, its a political one, and
the last thing that I want to happen is that pd gets split.

Finally, I do not know how Miller thinks about all of this.

So, chances that anything will change are slim :(

Guenter