[PD-dev] sys_vgui() and scope

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Tue Mar 9 22:26:41 CET 2004

Hey all,

I need to have a variable on the tcl side accessible to tcl code running
in two different sys_vgui() calls.

It seems a tcl variable set in one is not accesable in the other, is
this a namespace issue?

My quick hack was to declare the variables global, but I'd like to
change this as soon as possible!

ie:

sys_vgui("set %x_myvar hello \n", x);
sys_vgui("puts $%x_myvar \n", x);

The second call fails because it can't find the variable set in the first.

Thanks
Ben

PS: I just have to generate a PD list of symbols for each  list memeber
in the text widget and my text widget will be ready for testing. Still
unsure about good widget bounding-box sizing technique...