[PD-dev] paf~

Marc Lavallée odradek at videotron.ca
Wed Mar 10 05:24:47 CET 2004

On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 05:48:41PM -0800, Miller Puckette wrote:
> IRCAM asked me to stop distributing paf~ sources, and so far I haven't
> had the stomach to make a binary-only release of it (which would have to be
> separate from the rest of Pd)...

The PAF web page mentions jMax and Max/MSP, but not PD. IRCAM's devotion
to music research is a facade for its commercial alliances, in this case
with France Telecom (according to the US patent database). I guess you had
good reasons to patent the PAF algorithm, but some PD users might have
good reasons not to use a binary-only version.
--
Marc